Apple pay is an all-new feature that has been introduced in the iPhone 6 and the Apple Watch. The contact payment technology that is being utilized in Apple pay enables the payment data such as the credit cards, debit cards, and other sensitive information to be pulled from the built in passbook application in order to enable you to make use of your iPhone 6 or an Apple Watch as an electronic wallet at most of the store checkouts.
With the all new mobile payment and digital wallet that Apple has introduced, you can make payments via the utilization of any of your compatible Apple devices. The good news is that Apple pay works with the existing terminals and the requirement of contactless payment terminals which are specific for Apple has been eliminated.
While Apple pay is only available to the residents of the United States of America and the United Kingdom so far, Apple has already announced that the service will soon be extended to other locales with Europe and Canada being the next priority. While Apple pay is compatible with most of the prominent banks, cards, US federal payment cards, and the majority of the major shopping outlets, it can only be used with an Apple iPhone 6, 6 Plus, and an Apple Watch as of now. In other words, Apple pay is a digital payment service by Apple that works anywhere that accepts the contactless payments.
Tips To Setup Apple Pay:
The following tips will enable you to activate Apple Pay on your iPhone 6 or Apple Watch.
- If you are using an iPhone, simply open the wallet application. You’ll have to go into settings and wallet and apple pay if you are using an iPad
- Click on the option that reads add credit or debit card
- If you are already making use of a card with iTunes, all you have to do is enter it’s security code. If not, then make use of the camera in order to capture all of the information on your chosen card. You may have to fill in the additional information manually
- Now click on next. It’ll take a few moments for your bank to verify the card that you are trying to add to Apple pay. Sometimes, additional information will be required by the bank before they can verify your card. The card can be verified whenever you want once you have added it to the wallet
- Once the card is verified, just click on the tab that says next and you are now equipped to make use of Apple pay
If you would like to change the card with which you want to make the payment, simply double-click on the home button while your phone is locked. It’ll display the default card. Tap on the card and you would be able to switch between your verified cards to make the payment. Then place your finger on the touch ID until your phone asks you to bring it near the reader in order to make the payment.